The phrase “The more you know” never rang so true for those trying to increase optimization at each stage of the conversion funnel. Things like usability testing and heatmap tools are a great way to learn about user experience, but getting a direct insight from your prospects is where you can really understand your users need and pain points.
In order to help you choose the right survey platform for your company, we compared the best online survey tools for funnel optimization. With the array of features offered by these survey tools, you can determine what your website visitors are looking for, why they aren’t converting, and which product changes could be most effective. On top of that, you can measure customer satisfaction, loyalty, and user experience on your site.
The 9 online survey tools on this list offer a range of research capabilities that are sure to help you learn what should be improved in your product
Create, send, and analyze results from online surveys from anything to customer satisfaction to market research purposes.
- Can export data to Excel, Google Sheets, PDF, SPSS with paid versions
- Question creation, review collaboration
- Supports multiple fields as one answer
- Easy to use system
- More features in paid plans
- Basic themes/tools to make survey attractive
- Does not send response reminders
Price: Four levels from free to $85 per month per user
Special Features: Unlike with other platforms, with Survey Monkey you can embed surveys into the system.
Typeform is a web-based platform for collecting and sharing information, in a conversational, human way that is engaging and fun to complete.
- Great features in free plan
- Unlimited questions and answers
- Data export available in free plan
- Extensive themes/tools to design survey how you want
- Basic reporting
- Great user experience/design
- Not suitable if you want to create hundreds of surveys
Price: Free plan AKA CORE plan, Pro version is set to $25/month
Special Features: You can channel respondent answers into the text of your survey, for instance, adding the user’s name in following questions.
Google Forms allows you to plan events, make a survey or poll, give students a quiz, or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way.
- Integration with Google sheets and other Google platforms
- Embed surveys into emails or website
- Create forms and surveys for free
- Get a quick graph and list of results, or save responses to a google sheets spreadsheet
- Create interactive forms with logic and branching
- Multi-page forms can appear clunky
- Not enough customization options for surveys
Special Features: With Google Forms, you can collaboratively build forms and share data in Google Drive. Its integration with Google platforms makes it convenient and easy to manage your data.
Zoho Surveys is a survey and form-building platform with an intuitive interface able to build branched, logic-based surveys with collaborative capabilities.
- Unlimited surveys
- Supports date fields with calendar choice
- Can easily export data
- Surveys can be distributed in online or offline format
- Mobile compatible surveys
- Create a non-linear survey that changes regarding the previous answer.
- Basic themes/tools to design survey how you want
- Interface is bland
Price: Free plan, paid versions start at $19/month
Special Features: It is integrated with Zoho’s other tools so deploying and analyzing more than just survey data is very useful.
SurveyGizmo is an online survey software tool for designing online surveys, collecting data and performing an analysis.
- Unlimited surveys and questions
- Value for your money with many good free features
- Easy to use
- Several basic question types
- Free templates and extensive tools to customize surveys
- Basic reporting
- Option to export to CSV
- Privacy and security policies do not allow for confidential surveys
- Can’t prevent duplicate survey submissions using the same link
- Question types and logic/flow paths are limited
Price: Free version, paid plans start at $19/month
Special Features: The extra-pricey version offers integration with Salesforce, MailChimp, and other 3rd party software tools.
SurveyPlanet offers a wide range of free tools for designing your survey, sharing your survey online, and reviewing your survey results.
- Simple to use
- Unlimited surveys, questions, and respondents in free plan
- Extensive tools to make surveys attractive
- Allows you to embed surveys in other platforms
- Reporting limitations
- Difficult to find hidden relationships in data
Price: Free version, plans start at $15/month
Special Features: Survey Planet offers Branching, or skip logic, which allows you to adjust questions as participants take part in the survey. It is also available in different languages.
GetFeedback is one of the leading enterprise feedback management solutions for the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Build fully customizable surveys
- Superb UI for both administrators and end-users
- Smooth Salesforce integration
- Clean, and simple to use interface
- Does not allow multiple owners per survey
Price: Free version, plans start at $25/month
Special Features: The ability to add company branding and put out an extremely professional looking survey is what sets this tool apart from others.
Qeryz is a pop-up, as-you-go survey tool that you can put in anywhere on your website.
- Supports branching logic
- Has multiple response types including radio buttons, checkboxes, and qualitative question types
- Includes mobile surveys
- Auto-redirects on answers for scheduled, NPS and exit surveys
- Integrates with Google Analytics.
- Doesn’t guarantee accuracy of data
Price: Free version, plans start at $15/month
Special Features: Qeryz has its own analytics that helps you interpret the data gathered from your audience that you can use to take specific action based on this information.
Website survey software that lets you lets you target questions to visitors anywhere on your website
- Includes skip logic
- Targeted questions
- Includes NPS support and exit surveys
- Integrates with CRM and marketing automation systems.
- Pricier than other tools
- Integration system takes longer to set up
Price: Plans start at $199/month
Special Features: Qualaroo has a fully integrated system that you can use with any other platform you currently have.
Only by truly listening to your users, will you be able to create products valuable for your customers? Users are usually willing to share their insights without any incentive because everyone loves being listened to. More specifically, however, it is important to show users you are attentive to their thoughts and will work on creating a product that will solve their pain points. Beyond the valuable insight online surveys provide, they can also be used as a retention tool and a way to constantly stay in touch with your users.
You might also be interested in the 6 best usability test tools to nail your product marketing.