Live chat gives companies an easy and direct line of communication with its users. Support agents utilize live chat to guide users who have questions regarding products or website navigation. Users can either reach out to customer service representatives through chat boxes or be contacted automatically through agents standing by.
Among its obvious positive benefits for user experience, live chat boxes cut down on operational costs and allow agents to quickly disseminate important information to customers without having to go through all the hassle.
Live chat tools have some cool features including interactive chat notifications, reporting and analytics, and conversation archiving. Depending on the tool you need, there are special features that each service can provide you. We highlight these differences in our list of our 5 favorite chat tools for your business! Read more so you can choose the best live chat tool for your business
Intercom is an in-app chat and email integration platform that became an overnight success because of its effectiveness for both mobile apps and B2B companies.
- Simple to set up
- Insights and reports are great
- Easy to tag and segment different clients by title or job function
- Array of different tools offered in one app
- Customer segmentation is superior
- Works well for mobile apps and B2B companies alike
- UI is complicated and takes time to get used to
- Hard to understand difference in product lines
- Pricier tool compared to others
Price: Plans start at $49/month, free trial available
Special Feature: Intercom has really useful integrations to link to other efficiency tools for software teams.
An easy to install live chat software that integrates well with other support funnel software.
- Simple, straightforward, and easy to use
- Great co-browsing tool
- Transcripts get sent after chats
- Easily integrates into website
- Easily customizable to tailor to your company’s brand
- Stable and reliable product
- A pricey tool
- Web hook and help desk only available for paid users
Price: Plans start at $17/month
Special Feature: Olark’s easy integration and simple and easy to use interface give it a competitive advantage over other tools.
Live Chat is an e-commerce and customer service platform with a built-in ticketing system.
- Offline visitors leave you questions as tickets
- Easy to implement, easy to use
- Easily measure which parts of your service need improving
- 24/7 customer service
- Great lead generation tool
- Uses minimal battery when sending out notifications
- Create unique look for your chat window
- App has issues with signing off properly
- Can only reply to “tickets” from desktop
Price: Plans start at $16/month, free month trial
Special Feature: The feature message sneak-peek lets you look at unsent user messages.
Pure Chat is a live chat software platform that focuses on conversion and small businesses.
- Easy to engage with website visitors
- Simple and straightforward tool
- Very affordable price
- Intuitive design and user-friendly
- Excellent customer service
- Includes emojis!
- Can block any IP address
- Does not pull in email addresses/names of visitors to site
- There are some technical glitches within platform
Price: The solo pan is $10/month and starter plans start at $20/month.
Special Feature: The unique feature Pure Chat offers is its Geolocation features. With this feature, you can see where your visitors are as well as where they are coming from.
SnapEngage is a live chat software designed to empower your sales and support teams with features like team chats, reporting, monitoring, user roles, transfers, and priority tiers.
- User has instant access to chat window
- Customizable tools to match your company’s brand
- Easy to use and navigate
- Can attach files in the chat box
- Excellent customer service
- SMS-to-Chat services
- Great in-app reporting tools
- Not fully compatible with every software
Price: Free 15-day trial, plans start at $39/month
Special Feature: SnapEngage has an advances chat portal including a sneak peek messages, agent tag routing, easy chat transfers, comprehensive visitor information, agent priority tiers, and more.
Live chat tools double as impressive lead generator tools and can be used to implement successful marketing campaigns for your business. Connecting to and being available for users will only increase your customer satisfaction and help lead users through your conversion funnel. With the right live chat tool, you will see users converting into clients and then waving goodbye to happy customers satisfied with your product or service.
Hopefully, with this list, you can find the live chat software that will match your business needs best. Our favorite tool is Intercom for its ease of use and user segmentation capabilities, but we would love to hear which tool made it to the top of your list.