You might think it’s annoying to pester and prod your users with popups as they browse through your site, however, evidence shows how effective these pop-ups can actually be when implemented correctly. What may seem intrusive instinctively actually increases online conversions; popups help get users to take action, subscribe to newsletters, and sign up to your website. Finding the right tool for your site can help increase user interaction and lead you down the path to optimized conversions.
Choosing the tool best fit for your website will help you generate engagement and consequently boost key metrics like time-on-site, bounce rates, and page views. From the hundreds of tools out there, we have narrowed them down to the top 6 tools you can use to boost interaction and engagement on your website! Check them out below.
SumoMe offers you a suite of tools to increase your traffic, build a loyal following and track your engagement success.
- Easy to use form builder
- Doesn’t require design skills
- Scroll-box forms and mobile friendly
- Full-screen pop-up forms
- Exit-intent forms
- Ready-made form designs
- Extensive guides and insights
- Unlimited campaigns
- Integrate with all major email services
- Cannot have multiple forms on the same page
- No landing page builder
- No sidebar/widget form
- Expensive if you want full features enabled ($100/month)
Price: Free plan, paid plan starts at $10/month
Special Features: The free plan with Sumome gives you access to all the modules the tool offers. (There are limited features, however)
OptinMonster is an affordable all-in-one lead-generation plugin for your WordPress blog.
- Easy to use drag and drop form builder
- Most affordable form on list
- Great API for advanced users for building own apps and integrating them with the tool
- Multiple types of forms available.
- Blank canvas forms you can customize with any HTML
- Exit intent forms
- Segment your customers with behavior personalization
- Easy to use A/B testing
- Great stats and analytics
- Full-screen welcome gate
- The form templates available to you are not fully editable
Price: Plans start at $19/month
Special Features: OptinMonster allows you to create entirely custom pop-ups which mean you’re not limited to optin forms only.
Leadpages offers various features to help you optimize your website’s conversion rate and focuses on improving your landing page.
- Impressive scope of features when it comes to landing pages
- Forms and landing page templates can be sorted by conversion rates.
- Integrates with most popular email service providers
- Comprehensive guides and insights on email marketing
- Large library of landing page design
- Capture email addresses through SMS text messaging
- Hosts landing pages for you
- Works with unlimited sites
- Most expensive solution
- Not the best for individual opt-in forms on pages you want
Price: Plans start at 25/month
Special Features: The main advantage of LeadPages is that you can take your idea and turn it into a fully functional landing page in less than five minutes. Leadpages focuses on optimizing landing pages more than any other tool.
4. Hello Bar
Hello Bar is a simple and popular lead generation plugin that helps you optimize on conversion rates.
- Effective way to draw attention to newsletter signup
- Offers display options that stick to the top of your web page
- Toggle options that allow you to control if bar can be hidden from visitors or not
- Simple to use
- Mobile-specific features
- Targeting rules for specific visitors or actions
- Great analytics and stats
- Ads are shown to one in every ten visitors on the free plan
- Hello Bar branding shows unless you have paid plan
Price: Free plan, paid plan starts at $15/month
Special Features: Specialized type of popup that appears as a bar across the top of the web page.
PopUp Domination is an engagement tool with the goal of converting more visitors into customers and subscribers.
- Exit popups
- Option to open popup when mouse leaves the site
- Easily build popups
- Customize popups based on behavior and design
- Good library of pre-built templates to choose from
- Does not allow you to have multiple popups
- Does not integrate analytics
Price: Plan starts at $9/month for starter pack, includes free 14-day trial
Special Features: Offered as a WordPress tool or as a stand-alone solution that can be used for any website.
WisePops is a web application designed to build intelligent popups for the marketing campaigns of brands and businesses
- Easy to create and deploy website popups
- Offers integration with popular website hosting platforms
- Build beautiful pop-ups in less than a minute
- Customizable popups for the experience you want for users
- Exit popups included
- Customize pop-ups tailored to branding of your website
- Tailor your closing options
- Tracking and stats
- Pricier than other tools
- No conversion tracking within platform
- No discount for annual plan
Price: Free 14-day trial, Plans start at $49/month
Special Features: WisePops enables you to target your popups at visitors based on source, frequency, browser, and device.
No matter what type of site you run for your business, popups will help you increase conversions. Make sure you pick the best engagement tool suitable for your sites and run many a/b tests to make sure you make them pop at the right time and with the right message! It can make a world of a difference using the most effective tool for your business and we hope this list helps you narrow it down! Let us know as well if there is a tool you feel should have made the list and we can keep updating it as tools continue innovating.